Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Bill Ashford on KFML

Was just trading some KFML memories with T, at the FreeFormRadio Forum. He jarred some Bill Ashford memories and I went looking for him on the web. One spot I haven't seen before starts off like this:

"Convinced as a child that real people lived inside his family's console radio, Ashford was destined for a life in music and broadcasting..."

Compare prices for Bill Ashford - Rock Music. Read rock music reviews and compare prices at Yahoo! Shopping.: "Convinced as a child that real people lived inside his family's console radio, Ashford was destined for a life in music and broadcasting"

5 comments:

  1. Hey Malcolm, it's Ashford. What memories would those be????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Bill Ashford when he was the only DJ worth listening to in Fayetteville, NC. Hung out with him at The Other Side and his house with Judy Roderick, Fred Neil, Vince Martin, and others. Still playing my old Gibson, living on a boat in SC.Would like to know your 10 favorite CD's. Jeanette Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Bill... So, what ARE your ten favorite CD's? Can you boil it down to 10?! /\/\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. i know you don't know me.. and that's ok.. I am Bill Ashford's oldest daughter... he passed away last night... a legend gone to rock n roll heaven....memories.. he had many and so do I of grrowing up hanging out at KFML.. of him playing that special song for me each night before he signed off....he will be missed...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss those days my dad died this year,but before he went.he siad memorys is what you live on when you get older.and what memorys of denver and kfml.rocken roll.what a gift amen

    ReplyDelete