Pages

Monday, April 10, 2006

Bill Ashford's Top 10

A while back, someone posted a comment asking Bill for his Top 10 All Time Albums. It took him a while, but Bill zero'd in and recently wrote (Thanks, Bill!):

------------------------------------------------------------------

OK,it's gotten silly, at some point you just have to stop and claim. So, for the time being, knowing that at least 6 of these will stand for all time with me, here is the list I'd take with me today.

EXILE ON MAINSTREET ROLLING STONES
STICKY FINGERS ROLLING STONES
RUBBER SOUL BEATLES
BLOOD ON THE TRACKS BOB DYLAN
LAYLA & OTHER LOVE SONGS DEREK & THE DOMINOES
BLUE JONI MITCHELL
HOTEL CALIFORNIA EAGLES
AFTER THE GOLDRUSH SHAKEY YOUNG
KIND OF BLUE MILES DAVIS
STEP INSIDE THIS HOUSE LYLE LOVETT

I can live with it. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. A few days later, Bill added:

    Now that I have sent my LIST of TEN, the ghosts of at least 20 other albums are cursing me in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 08, 2006

    I myself find it presumptuous that I would follow Bill's list with one of my own, given my respect for him. After working on mine for awhile I recognize the futility of the exercise and will join Bill in second-guessing myself until something else plagues me. In no particular order:
    Kiko, Los Lobos
    Highway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan
    Who's Next, The Who
    American Beauty, Grateful Dead
    Astral Weeks, Van Morrison
    Elite Hotel, Emmylou Harris
    Blind Faith, Blind Faith
    The Way I Am, Merle Haggard
    Exile on Mainstreet, Rolling Stones
    Abbey Road, The Beatles
    ~T~

    ReplyDelete
  3. T on the Range ~ You are a brave soul to come in after Ashford. No easy act to follow! Trust all goes well. Email me some time and give me the lowdown on your mandolin playing and range riding...

    ReplyDelete