Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

PF Sloan's Back'

Some 30 years later, one of the best song writers of the 1960's is back in action, writing and performing.

PF Sloan notably wrote "Eve of Destruction," "Secret Agent Man," "You Baby" and "Where Were You When I Needed You."

NPR has an audio interview with him, with some samples off his new CD "Sailover." I listened to "Eve of Destruction" thinking about how much I wished he would have rewritten the song to fit today's issues, keeping some of the original, but not all. Oh well, it's a good idea. Maybe someone will take it on and it will become a hit again...

NPR : PF Sloan's Long Road Back from 'Destruction'

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. This is Jeff. You have to check out this New up coming Toronto Band called SOMA. I got to hear some of there new record that is coming out in sept 29th. You can more info on this web site www.somamusic.ca or www.myspace.com/somamusic. I also got to see them LIVE WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete