Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A List

[ Originally Posted at the Freeform Radio Forum: 23 Apr 2005
Post subject: A List (T's Recommendations) ]

Today I was thinking about Ashford's discography from the link that Malcolm provided a few months ago. I decided to share my list. This is a relatively short one composed of those artists that I think are consistently good, from early in their careers until present (if alive).

SRV
Emmylou
Los Lobos (except for "This Time")
Steve Earle
Haggard (especially in the early 80s, "The Way I Am" and "Big City")
Pearl Jam
Alan Jackson
Vern Gosdin
Dwight Yoakum
Rolling Stones
John Hiatt

- T

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Changed my mind about the Stones; I haven't bought a recording of theirs since "Goat's Head Soup" except to replace earlier vinyl with CDs. Same reason Dylan's not on the list. - T

No comments:

Post a Comment